I think everyone loves a good fish cake, whether you are big or small. These are a family favourite in our home.
Turmeric Scrambled Eggs for 2
Breakfast is one of my favourite meals of the day! A yummy cooked breakkie can set you up nicely for a great day.
This scramble is one of my latest obsessions so I thought I would share it with you.
- 6 Free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup cream (can use milk or coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- grapeseed oil for frying
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced (can use chives)
- 1 generous teaspoon finely chopped fresh turmeric
- 1 generous teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 generous teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crispy shallots
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander or chives
- ketjap manis (sweet indonesian soy) and your favourite chilli sauce to drizzle over at end
whisk eggs in a bowl with cream, fish sauce and s&p
Heat grapeseed oil in a non-stick pan and lightly fry the spring onions, turmeric, ginger, chilli & garlic over gentle heat until soft
Pour egg mixture into to the pan and after 10 seconds gently fold the mixture from the bottom and edges of the pan using a spatular. The trick with scrambled eggs is to do this only a few times as you don't want to over work or over cook them. Remove scramble from the heat whist they are still silky and moist as they will continue to cook in their own heat once on the plate
Serve scramble on toast and drizzle generously with Ketjap manis, chilli sauce and a sprinkle of fresh coriander